Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

My birthday weekend got a great kick off when my parents took me to dinner on Friday night!

I am very excited that we went to Le Chalet. The food is really good and it is an EVENT to go there. They have some fancy dishes like the La Potence and the Swiss Raclet and you can't miss with the salted caramel crepe to finish off your meal.

If you sit in the bar area you can watch the closed circuit tv's as they prepare your crepes. It is pretty cool watching them make them. They pour the batter, swirl it around, flip it over and then fold it up and put your stuff in it. They make it look easy.

Here are some pictures from the night.

As we were leaving the restaurant, mom spotted this cow statue which says "dookie" on the bottom of it and being the juveniles that we are, we had to take a few pictures with it.
 On Saturday the celebration continued as Suzanne and I went up to the cabin with our dogs and enjoyed the cool pines. We started the afternoon off with a little veggie platter and some Boddington's then took a walk to the watering hole to see if Jinxy would jump in and show us her Labrador roots. She did!

After working off the veggie tray we decided to head in to town to have dinner at my favorite Payson restaurant Gerardo's. We had a delicious dinner (do you see a theme with my birthday celebrations?) Then we headed back home where Suz surprised me with a cupcake from Tammie Coe's a great book and a gift card for Le Grande Orange (does she know me or what?).

On Sunday we spent the day in Payson doing some antiquing. What a blast! I got some really cute stuff for the cabin and Suz got the find of the day with an awesome lamp that was so big that it wouldn't fit in the back of my truck! Score!

 


Today (my actual birthday) I woke up to Reece's wet nose poking me in the head and some pretty flowers blooming in the front yard. Some happy birthday wishes and songs from friends and family. It has been a great 41st birthday!










No comments:

Post a Comment