Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Garden Update, still alive, sorta

So, Mike has been overseeing "project garden" and last night he came in and asked if I did something to the plants because they look burnt. Oh Nooooooo!

Ben left me some essential oil stuff to mix with water and apply to the plants if I happen to see bugs on the leaves. He underestimated my ability to "help" the little plants even if they don't appear to need help.



I decided that even though I haven't seen any bugs maybe I should spray them anyway. It's all natural essential oils and water and it smells really good, how bad can it be? It turns out that without the proper dilution the answer is, well, kinda bad.

 Take a look at my sad little cucumber plants.
Poor little guy, he didn't know what hit him. 




Here's another shot. You can see they are trying to live. They are perky even though their poor leaves have been decimated by my good intentions. 


He was starting to look so cute too!


The tomato plants look like they escaped harm from this round of my trying to nurture them.



I e mailed Ben my pictures and he responded right away. He was very calm and helpful and said that the plants will probably make it and just give it a few days and send him more pictures. He didn't use the all caps TO YELL AT ME for not properly diluting the spray and applying it when there weren't any bugs. He offered a suggestion on how to use the bug spray when needed. Applying it in the early morning or in the evening is best. Again, WHEN NEEDED. Ben also offered to replace my plants if necessary. How nice is that?

So, all is not lost. The plants look like they will recover and Harvest to Home stands by their stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Your tomato plants look great. Tomato sandwiches.... yummmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete